ETC International College provides a TEFL course in Bournemouth for new and existing teachers of English as a foreign language. We have structured a timetable to help you get the most out of this course. Each week consists of 30 hours of training and at the end of the course, you will have improved your teaching skills, implemented modern methodologies, extended your portfolio of teaching materials and enhanced your teaching performance in the classroom.
Athena specialises in training teachers in the TEFL industry, with highly experienced trainers who aim to create inspirational teachers. John Kay, Course Director, has more than 27 years’ experience in teacher training and has developed our courses to a high standard.
Our CDC courses are fully customisable. We build our courses around the requirements of our clients to offer you the maximum potential in developing your teaching techniques. By the end of the Continued Developmentc Course, you will have an array of refreshing ideas to take home with you and enhanced skills to use in your lessons.[tabby title=”Course Description”]
Typical course content may include but is not restricted to the following:
Re-evaluation of Communicative Language Teaching and the use of complementary methodologies.
- Which English? The teaching of pronunciation, segmental and supra-segmental, in the 21st century.
- Error correction, friend or foe? When and how and if teachers can help.
- Productive Skills – Writing. Product or process?
- Productive Skills – Speaking. Keys to effective oral communication and the place of repetition and drilling in the 21st century
- Receptive Skills – Reading and Listening. Exploiting authentic materials; developing sub-skills and utilising top-down, bottom-up and compensatory strategies.
- Grammaticised lexis or lexicalised grammar? Review of language concepts including structure, function and lexis.
- Learner-Based Syllabus, VAKOG and individual learning strategies.
- Multiple Intelligences Theory and its relevance to lesson planning.
- ESP including teaching one-to-one, English for Business, Teenagers and Children.
At ETC International College, we strive to provide excellent English and teacher training courses that will develop students and help new and existing teachers improve their abilities in a working/classroom environment. By taking one of our TEFL courses in Bournemouth, teachers will be able to use effective English teaching methods which will help students improve their English. For more information about this course, click on the red button below.[tabby title=”Course Structure”]
Every day has been structured and carefully thought out to help you get the most out of your course with learning leading to guided practice as much as possible. Each week consists of at least 30 hours spent training and this is also supplemented by work that you must complete in your own time.
The timetable below will give you an accurate idea of how your days might look.