Our Medical English course will improve your knowledge in the field of human biology, medical science, nursing and much more. If you want to take the Medical English course, you must study the course for a minimum of 10 lessons per week.
By studying hard and achieving goals, this course will improve your speaking and language skills. Also, advance your career and allow you to communicate fluently with your counterparts in other countries.
Many of our clients are medical specialists from leading hospitals and clinics around the world. This also includes doctors, nurses and other health practitioners.
The ETC course for Medical English will typically develop language appropriately to the following areas:
- Communicating effectively with patients
- Communicating effectively with professional colleagues
- Discussing treatments, presenting opinions and assessments
- Developing a winning CV and triumph in English at interviews
- Learning how to fit into a professional team in the UK
- Making medical applications during the course
- Taking and understanding a patient history, asking about symptoms, recording information, communicating information accurately
- Examining a patient, rephrasing, explaining, prompting
- Using a medical dictionary
- Interpreting, explaining and discussing a diagnosis
- Understanding medical diagrams and documents
- Using general medical reference books and a pharmacology reference
- Examining case histories
- Studying the language as it relates to medical treatment; i.e. for physiotherapy, surgical treatment, giving and understanding instructions
- Considering language functions appropriate to certain medical scenarios
- Learning common medical abbreviations
- Examining the structure and organisation of the British National Health Service, including a discussion about the British hospital system
- Discussing the future of medicine
Standard – 30 lessons / 22.5 hours per week
A minimum of 10 lessons of Medical English per week, plus 20 lessons of General English per week.
ETC Medical English courses can be adapted to suit your needs. You can study Medical English for a minimum of one week or as many weeks as you wish depending on the time you have available and your learning needs.
Please note this is a sample timetable and may be subject to change