Choose your programme
Junior English Residential Programme
We currently have 3 Junior residences, available at various times throughout the summer. All residences are walking distance to ETC, have CCTV and live-in staff support 24/7.
Students on the Junior Programme may be placed in either of the 3 residences.
All rooms are offered as shared rooms with up to 3 other people.
Junior English Homestay Programme
We provide shared rooms in an ETC Homestay. School transport will be included for students aged 14 and under in Homestays. Students aged 15-17 will be provided with a bus pass.
All our Homestays are DBS-checked and inspected regularly. All students will have a comfortable, clean room with one load of laundry done once a week. Lunches are provided from Monday to Friday at the ETC café.
Please note that when booking, juniors aged 15 and below may only stay for a maximum of 26 nights.
Junior Programmes: what’s included?
General English Tuition
Our junior English courses include 20 group lessons (15 hours) of general English per week. Every student is given an initial placement test to identify the most suitable class for their level of English. Students are placed in a class with other juniors of a similar English language level.
Lessons are generally run in the mornings, but we cannot guarantee this timetable during busy periods. In the summer, it is likely that afternoon lessons will also be running.
All meals are included in the price of the Junior English programme.
Breakfast and dinner will be supplied by the student’s accommodation provider and lunch will be served in the ETC Café. At weekends, packed lunches will be provided for excursions by the accommodation provider.
If a student requires a special diet (e.g. no wheat, no pork, no dairy etc.), a supplement of £20 is payable per week.
Students who follow a Junior English Programme will receive a full activities schedule. From sports and beach games to crafts and museums, there is something for everyone. We are accountable for our young students at all times. Providing activities for them when they are out of lessons reassures you they are having fun in a safe environment.
Students are able to meet new friends and practise their English outside of the classroom.
Explore beautiful surroundings throughout Dorset and the UK.
1 full-day excursion per week:
1 supervised full-day trip per week to a place of interest such as London, Oxford or Bath. The trip includes a guided walking tour, entries to venues and all transportation.
1 half-day excursion per week:
1 supervised half-day trip per week to a more local place of interest such as Christchurch, the New Forest, Southampton, Winchester, etc. The trip includes a guided walking tour, entries to any venues and all transportation.
Transport to and from school
Door-to-door pick up is only available for students aged 14 or under staying in a homestay. Our ETC minibuses will come and pick your child up from their homestay and drop them back after their activities/lessons.
All transport to and from activities is provided for all students booked on a Junior Programme.
• Lunch – meals served in ETC Cafe Monday – Friday
• Wireless and wired Internet throughout the school
• Bournemouth tour and map, handbook, identity card (students should supply at least 2 passport sized photos)
• 24-hour emergency phone number
• End of course certificate on completion of studies
Private Airport Transfers
Airport transfers are compulsory for all students following a Junior Programme. Please note, we have not included airport transfer in our junior prices, as the price depends on the numbers of students travelling, the airport and the time of day. Please see our airport transfer prices:
Age requirements for Individual Junior Students
- The minimum age for individual students from September to May is 16.
- The minimum age for individual students from June to August is 12.
- Students aged 16 & 17 may study in an adult General English class at any time of the year with permission from their parents.
- The maximum duration a student aged 15 and under may stay in an ETC Homestay is 26 nights (unless a suitable foster family can be found).
- Individual students aged 15 and under in the summer must book a Junior Programme.
- Individual students aged 12 to 15 in the summer must book a Junior Programme if they wish to stay in the Junior Residence.
- Next of kin details must be received for all students aged 17 and under prior to document issue.
- Signed parental permission forms (signed by the parent) must be received for all students aged 17 and under prior to document issue.
- Students aged 16 and 17 who are booked onto an adult course programme MUST follow junior policies and procedures, including curfew times.
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you will only be allowed out at night time by yourself if this has been agreed and signed for by your parents before starting at ETC (parental permission form). 16 and 17 year olds must be home by 10pm. You must give your host family or the Residence Manager the details of where you are going, who you are going with and how they can contact you in an emergency. Students who are 16 or 17 whose parents have not signed the parental permission form before the course started or who are under 16 years old are not allowed to leave the Residence or host family without being accompanied by a designated adult. If you are going to an activity or in the care of your group leader, please make sure that your host family has been informed.
For more information about our Junior English courses in Bournemouth, call us on +44 (0) 1202 559044 and one of our team members will be more than happy to assist.