You can find the latest prices for our courses, accommodation, activities, transfers and more on this page. Please note that pricing is subject to change and we recommend that you check this page regularly before booking to be aware of any changes.
- The minimum age for individual students from September to May is 16.
- The minimum age for individual students from June to August is 12.
- Students aged 16 & 17 may study in an adult General English class at any time of the year with permission from their parents.
- The maximum duration a student aged 15 and under may stay in an ETC Homestay is 26 nights (unless a suitable foster family can be found).
- Individual students aged 15 and under in the summer must book a Junior Programme.
- Individual students aged 12 to 15 in the summer must book a Junior Programme if they wish to stay in the Junior Residence.
- Next of kin details must be received for all students aged 17 and under prior to document issue.Signed parental permission forms (signed by the parent) must be received for all students aged 17 and under prior to document issue.
- Students aged 16 and 17 who are booked onto an adult course programme MUST follow junior policies and procedures, including curfew times.
Students must have a course book in order to enter class.
Students studying for 3 weeks or less may borrow books for a small charge.
Students studying for 4 or more weeks must buy their books.
Books cost approximately £60 for standard courses and £90 for intensive and special purposes courses. Book are available at the ETC Library.
All lessons are 45 minutes long. ETC specifies a maximum class size of 16, however, where classrooms permit and are suitably equipped, lit, heated and ventilated, we reserve the right to use these rooms to their maximum capacity. No classes will exceed 18 students. Classes may be in the mornings or the afternoons during busy periods.
Students following a Standard General English course (20 lessons per week) may have morning or afternoon lessons. Classes are normally run in the mornings from 8:45am to 12.05pm, but we cannot guarantee this timetable. During the busy summer months, students may have lessons in the afternoons.
Students who require a student visa must complete at least 15 hours of study per week (i.e. 20 lessons per week).
Please contact ETC to confirm course or exam dates before booking your return flights or holidays. Please let us know if you are a beginner (A1) or advanced (C2), as these levels may require special attention. Cambridge Exam Preparation courses that start in December include a 2 week Christmas holiday; ETC will be closed at that time.
Please note, ETC is closed on these days. No compensation, fee reductions, refunds, credit, additional lessons or extension of the course can be given for these days).
General English Courses / IELTS Exam Preparation
Please note: Short courses between 17th June and 19th July 2019 attract a £20 per week summer supplement. Courses over 3 weeks do not incur this fee.
Please note IELTS courses include 15 hours per week of exam preparation. Intensive options include 15 hours per week of IELTS, plus General English communication skills lessons.
2 lessons per week are dedicated to extra writing practice.
Students must complete at least 12 weeks to receive a Diploma.
Exam Preparation Courses
The super intensive exam preparation courses include 15 hours p/w of exam preparation, plus additional hours of General English communication skills.